November 3, 2015 – Coppersmith Brockelman has been ranked among the 2016 “Best Law Firms” by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers.® The firm achieved high rankings both nationally and in the Phoenix Metro area.
Firms included on the list of 2016 “Best Law Firms” are recognized for professional excellence with consistently impressive ratings from clients and peers. Achieving a ranking signals a strong combination of quality law practice and breadth of legal expertise.
Coppersmith Brockelman achieved National and Phoenix Metro rankings in 11 practice areas:
- Tier 1, Phoenix, Antitrust Law
- Tier 1, Phoenix, Commercial Litigation
- Tier 1, Phoenix, Criminal Defense: Non-White-Collar
- Tier 1, Phoenix, Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Tier 1, Phoenix, Employment Law – Management
- Tier 1, Phoenix, Health Care Law
- Tier 1, Phoenix, Litigation – Labor & Employment
- Tier 1, Phoenix, Litigation – Securities
- Tier 2, Phoenix, Labor Law – Management
- Tier 3, Phoenix, Legal Malpractice Law – Defendants
- Tier 3, Phoenix, Litigation – Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy)
- Tier 3, Antitrust Law
- Tier 3, Health Care Law
- Tier 3, Litigation – Labor & Employment
More than 21,000 attorneys provided nearly 700,000 law firm assessments, and more than 8,100 clients provided more than 47,000 evaluations. The rankings are based on the highest number of participating firms and client ballots to date, making the recognition more competitive and valued.
The 2016 Edition of “Best Law Firms” includes rankings in 74 national practice areas and 122 metropolitan-based practice areas. Receiving a tier designation reflects the high level of respect a firm has earned among other leading lawyers and clients in the same communities and the same practice areas for their abilities, professionalism and integrity.
The 2016 Best Law Firms ranking comes on the heels of an announcement in August that 11 Coppersmith Brockelman attorneys had been named 2016 Best Lawyers. In addition, James Belanger was named Best Lawyers’ criminal defense-white collar “2016 Lawyer of the Year,” the top honor for the practice area regionally, and Kent Brockelman was awarded this designation in employment law-management.